Washington Colleges / Universities / Community Colleges / Technical Schools
- State of Washington - Education, Scholarship, and Financial Aid resources
- Washington Colleges and Universities
- Washington Community and Technical Colleges
- EdFund"s Washington Page - An online resource to help students and their families select a college, apply for admission, and plan to finance higher education.
Oregon Colleges / Universities / Community Colleges / Technical Schools
- Oregon Colleges and Universities
- Oregon Mentor - An online resource to help students and their families select a college, apply for admission, and plan to finance higher education.
Search for Other Colleges / Universities / Community Colleges / Technical Schools
- IPEDS College Opportunities On-Line - NCES link to nearly 7,000 colleges and universities in the United States.
- My College Options- "College Matching Survey," "Research a College," "College Tips"
- AnyCollege.com- College search engine.
- WiredScholar.com- "The Planning for College Destination."
- Military Academies
- Accredited Online Colleges - Learn about the importance of college accreditation and find links to accredited online college programs
Scholarship / Financing Information
- Washington State - Paying for College
- Federal Student Aid Information
- Colleges, College Scholarships, and Financial Aid Page
- FastWeb - Sign up for free access to an online database of private scholarship sources.
- College is Possible - America"s colleges and universities have prepared this site to guide you to the books, websites, and other resources that admissions and financial aid professionals consider most helpful.
- EdFund - "EdFund is dedicated to maximizing benefits to borrowers by being the premier service provider in the student loan industry."
- Scholarships.com- Free college scholarship search engine & financial aid resource.
org- Our team (based in Washington, DC) just finished analyzing over 10 million data points related to the 5,000+ colleges and universities in the US, to find the ones that offer both financial accessibility (the lowest costs for low and middle income students, as well as flexibility in learning & credit), and positive outcomes. Of course outcomes are subjective, and can be hard to quantify. We focused on graduation/transfer rates and loan default rates, with the idea that completing one's studies, and being able to pay back one's loans, together form a reasonable baseline for a worthwhile college experience.
- Academic Placement Testing Program (APTP) - Intermediate and advanced math placement tests are administered to students who are planning to enroll in first-year mathematics courses at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, the University of Washington, Washington State University or Western Washington University. The test results are used to help students, working with their university advisers, select the mathematics courses for which they are best prepared.
- ACT Assessment
- CollegeBoard.com - PSAT / SAT
Other Related Links
- Students.gov - Comprehensive information portal providing answers to your questions on education, career, government and more.
- Mapping your Future - "One stop site for students and parents with information on financial strategies, career options, and college planning."
- US Department of Education - Prepare for College
- U.S. Department of Labor - Occupational Outlook Handbook - A nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives.
- Resume Tips - From CareerLab