Early Childhood Center (ECC)
Ocean Beach School District's Early Childhood Center is located right next to Long Beach Elementary. You can find informational resources for birth, through five year old children, and their families.
This year, the District has partnered with Educational Service District 112 (ESD 112) to leverage resources and staff expertise to provide equitable high-quality learning experiences to preschool age children. We are offering multiple part day sessions for families, four days a week. Children enrolled are accessing services either through the District, through ESD 112 Early Care and Education Assistance Program (ECEAP) or through ESD 112 Specialized Student Services and Special Education.
This model provides equitable access to high-quality early learning classrooms with amazing staff to all families despite enrollment or funding source. The teaching team at Ocean Beach Early Learning Center has doubled in size and the team is excited to work closely together to support all of our students and families.
Our preschool program provides developmental and individualized instruction for children ages three-to five-years. The preschool program is designed to meet the developmental needs of the whole child and the curriculum is aligned with our state’s early learning standards—the Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines. The preschool classrooms promote active, play-based learning for diverse groups. Our children learn to manage their feelings, get along with others and follow classroom procedures. They are building the beginning skills for reading, math and science, as well as practicing routines for entering Kindergarten.
Ocean Beach Community Preschool has several options for parents:
- Community Program: Parents pay tuition for their child(ren) ages 3-5 years old to attend preschool.
- Tuition Assistance:
Community Program families who qualify pay reduced tuition based on family income.
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance (ECEAP):
A comprehensive preschool program that provides FREE services and support to eligible children ages 3-5 years old and their families. Find out more: https://www.esd112.org/swccc/sites/ocean-beach/
Other resources available at the Preschool:
- Early Childhood Special Education—Evaluation and services to children ages 3-5 years old with developmental delays. Call 360-642-4089
- Speech and Language Therapy—Evaluation and services to children 3-5 years old with speech and language delays. Call Teresa: 360-642-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Support for Infants and Toddlers in Pacific County—Screening referrals and service for children ages birth to 3 years with suspected developmental concern(s). Call Rachel at Office (360) 949-1439, Cell (360) 841-5113, or email Rachel.Fitch@esd112.org
P.O. Box 758305 Fifth St. SELong Beach, WA 98631Phone: (360) 642-4089Fax: (360) 642-8970